If you are experiencing problems with the online registration or application process, please read the FAQs.
Edwards shares your concern about the protection of your personal information and is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. This is our policy regarding the privacy of information we collect on site. Please read it carefully to understand how your personal information will be treated.
We review our privacy practices from time to time. When changes are made to this policy you will be notified when you log into the site and asked to review the revised policy.
The Information We Gather
We gather two types of information about users:
1. Tracking Information
Tracking information is information that is collected about every visitor to the site, and is automatically gathered using "cookies". A "cookie" is a computer (text) file that is sent to a visitorís Web browser, by a Web server, in order to remember certain information. Per-session cookies are used on this site to store information within a session. Per-session cookies are only available while you are on the web site, do not permanently record data and are not stored on your computerís hard drive. Unlike persistent cookies, which are stored ion your hard drive for a length of time set by the web site, per session cookies are cached (stored in memory) while you are visiting the web site. If per-session cookies were not used, moving around the web site would be a much slower process.
You can set your browser to detect and reject cookies. Your internet browser may provide instructions on how to do this.
2. Personal Information
Personal information is information that relates to an identifiable individual. Examples of personal information include your name, e-mail, address, employment history, and home address. By registering and submitting your C.V / resume you will be providing personal information to Edwards.
You may be providing information classed as sensitive personal data under local privacy legislation e.g. The Data Protection Act 1998, in the UK. By providing this information you will be consenting to the data being used in the recruitment and selection process and for monitoring purposes. Such data will not be used for any other purpose without obtaining your prior consent.
Use of the information
1. Tracking Information
We use tracking information in aggregate form to build high-quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of users activities, and by measuring demographics and interest regarding specific areas of the site.
2. Personal Information
We may use this information in a number of ways:
- Registration details - Your contact details and other data that you supply as part of the registration process are stored by us and used to provide you with the information you have requested.
- Profile and CV / Resume Information - When you complete your profile, including your CV / Resume, it will be made available for searching, viewing or downloading from the Internet by authorised Edwards staff or their agents for the purpose of recruitment and selection.
- Job Shopper (Jobs by E-mail) - If you register to receive notification of jobs via email you will be asked to complete a form which asks for email address, job categories, keywords and data regarding where you heard about our company. We do not attribute this information to any email address other then for use of supplying relevant job information to you via email. We monitor where you heard about us to assist with our recruitment campaigns.
- To customise various aspects of the site to your preferences.
- To pre-complete online forms on this site. For example, if you have provided an address once, the site computers may automatically fill in that information on an online form on future occasions. This is simply a convenience - no information is released to anyone unless you authorise its release, such as by clicking a "Submit" button.
- As may be necessary to support the operation of the site, which may include, account maintenance, record keeping and research purposes.
In connection with the uses described above we may disclose personal information to data processors, agents, sub-contractors and other companies within Edwards.
We will not otherwise disclose any personal information to any third parties, except when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or to respond to an emergency. We reserve the right to transfer any such information to a third party in the event that we sell or otherwise transfer substantially all of the business of Edwards.
Changing Personal Information
We recognise that some of the information that we collect from your during registration will change from time to time. You can change information you have previously provided to us at any time by accessing the registration and subscription pages. Any changes you submit will be made electronically and will be effective immediately upon submission.
Inactivating Personal Information
By selecting the Inactive Profile Option you will inactivate your user profile. This means you will no longer be able to login to the career centre and your status will automatically be changed to "Candidate Withdrew" on all open jobs you have submitted your profile for. Your profile will remain in the database for archive and reporting purposes for a period of 4 years but will be removed from the active candidates list.
After a period of 4 years your data will be deleted from the database.
We use reasonable security methods to protect the data that is provided to us and resides on our servers. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers, nor can we guarantee that information that users supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
The UK Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the personal data that Edwards holds and processes on you. You are entitled to stop the data processing if it causes unwarranted and substantial damage or distress and to request that inaccurate / incorrect information be rectified.
For further information regarding these rights please contact The Data Controller, Edwards, Manor Royal, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9LW.